2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I really appreciate "normalness"

I'm back! My goodness, that was a tough couple of days. First I have to thank everyone who left a comment or wrote to me personally, with their support. It is so appreciated. Thank you xxx

I have a feeling it could have been brought on by the fat burners. Anyone who knows my past, knows I suffered very badly in the 2nd half of 2005, with adrenal exhaustion and low thyroid function. I was experiencing bouts exactly like this - every week to fortnight - and I wasn't doing it hard with the training and dieting, so I actually do not think that it is caused by that. Perhaps that adds to the stress, but, I do have to watch stimulants ie caffiene intake (which was getting a bit high on occasion) and of course, some fat burners. Stress really brings me down hard but I have felt that even with my workload (now shared which has taken MAJOR stress off me!!), building, selling houses, and training and dieting for comp, that I had it fairly well under control. A couple of days of poor sleep and then the stimulants of coffee and fat burners, really affected my adrenals. The salt craving is also related. It is a symptom of adrenal exhaustion. Thanks to Kim who emailed and reminded me of all of the above - so quick to forget when you are feeling well again. I have now started to add a half teaspoon of sea salt to my first glass of water for the day - this should stabilize things for me. I have limited my caffeine intake to 2 coffees now and that includes 1 decaf.

Yesterday I woke up feeling 'normal'. How good did that feel. I was my old self, positive, focused and ready to hit the gym hard. I had a great 'additional' leg session, and then later back for more cardio. The only down side is I now have 2 x day training until Monday! Never mind at least I am capable now and I can catch up.

I couldn't get in for skin folds until Thursday, and tomorrow I will do photos for Richie. My weight has stabilized again, so that feels good. I have had 4 comments this week on how good my shoulders are looking this time - which is nice because they have not been a strong point in the past. People saying "You've definitely put on size". When Jodie's MIL changed my routine video recording over to DVD, her workmate said that I looked better than the lady who did the routine for me - hahaha - don't tell Kim - not that she would take that seriously, but still I thought it was a rather nice compliment :) From my own (and Damien's) perspective, looking at the dvd, I am definitely bigger, and thicker, with more shape. The tricky bit of course, is keeping the size up top and losing the bit I have to go below. Can I do it in 5 weeks??????? My goodness how time flies!!!

I am just sitting here having my first coffee of the day. We have yet another inspection today - they are really getting OLD :( Got to pack up, tidy up, vacuum, get Rex out to mum's, pack up my food and change of clothes for gym (both done), and be there before 10.30am. Inspection is at midday, so will have to go into town for awhile - perhaps will take the lap top and do some work.

Speaking of work, I will have the last of the programs done today. If anyone (friends or clients) has emailed me and not received a response yet, it won't be long!!

Have a great day everyone, and once again, thank you heaps for your support.

xxx

3 Comments:

  • My goodness so much has happened since I last read your blog :)

    Very happy to hear you are on track and feeling great once again, have a great weekend,...gee the challenges life throws us sometimes :)

    Ali xxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:14 am  

  • Hi Sue,
    Glad to hear you are feeling better! Comp is coming closer, and with all your prep I am sure you will get there and absolutely blitz them!

    Make sure you take time out for yourself along the way, too, and look after no.1!

    Regards
    Carolyn

    By Blogger Carolyn, at 11:20 am  

  • Glad to hear you're feeling better Sue and all positive again. I can't believe its only five weeks till your comp, i have been following your prep all the way. All the best for the last few weeks of training before the big comp!!
    Love amy
    xx

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home