2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hi from rainy Qld!

This post is a few days old now, will update soon!

Here I am in ‘sunny’ Noosa!! Today was Di and Gerard’s wedding, and it was a beautiful wedding, but it had to have been the pretty close to the worst weather you have ever seen on the lovely Sunshine Coast! Rained and blew a gale all day. Still, Di looked amazing, a true princess, and we all had a great time. The weather is meant to stay the same for the next 3 days at least!!! Good book reading weather!

I’ve been very quiet on my blog of late, I have been through some pretty stressful times and things have gotten very overwhelming for me – with selling the house, the move, my business, and training for comp. Since the July show, my health has taken a bit of a turn for the worse. I’ve got lots of niggling injuries that are not getting any better. I hurt when I walk, even my knees are starting to complain! But, mostly, my adrenal problems are starting to resurface. I’ve weighed everything up and have decided not to do any more shows this year. I just can't keep up the pace. Now that I have made the decision I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am still taking the time off that I planned to – I need it – physically and mentally – and I need it to move into our new home and get my office set up. At the wedding, Cheryl and Lorraine tried to talk me into still doing the Nationals, saying to have a week off and then get back into it – but I just don’t have the energy or the inclination at this point. Rachel was also there, it was wonderful to see her – she looks fantastic and is only 6 weeks away from giving birth.

So, our first 2 days in Noosa were just amazing. The weather was perfect and we did a big 7km walk around the Park the first morning – I also went for a walk on the beach that afternoon. The morning after Jodie arrived, we went for a long walk/run on the beach followed by a huge stair climb – twice, followed by some lunges on the stairs. Today our calves are hurting! We also trained yesterday. Tomorrow Hils is coming up for a drive from Brissy, and we’ll be coffeeing, and then training legs :) We went to the Farmer’s market yesterday and scored this amazing Greek Yoghurt – better than any yoghurt or for that matter ice cream I have ever had. We also got these HUGE tubs of strawberries for $5 each.

More later...

6 Comments:

  • Hi Sue, I am proud of you for making that decision. Training our bodies and watching what we eat is ultimately about respecting ourselves and doing what is good for us. By making the decision to pull out is doing exactly that, you are showing respect for yourself and your body, not just now but for the long haul. I'm glad you had fun at Noosa, it would have been great to have popped up from Toowoomba to get to meet you in person.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 am  

  • Hi Sue,
    I was about to say the same stuff as Jille.
    I'm proud of you and Kimmy for getting priorities like long term health and relationships in order.

    Looks like I'll be in Mildura for the carp catching comp on October 29th now. Let's do lunch with all the boys.

    Kerry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 pm  

  • It was great to catch up the other day!! Thanks for a wonderful day -my legs are killing me! I also agree that you are so right putting your health and happiness first, there will always be other comps but your health always comes first.

    Enjoy the rest of your break :)

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 5:56 pm  

  • While I know it was a VERY difficult decision for you not to compete again this year I do think that it was the right decision - at this time.

    Enjoy all that you have worked so very hard to achieve, with your health, your business and of course, your personal life.

    I always say that the only true competition is with your "self" - your "old" self vs the "new" self.

    Looking back at your "old" self of last year this time - I say you've won that competition - HANDS DOWN!!!!!

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 7:51 am  

  • Hi Sue,

    thanks for the encouraging email regarding my 12 weeks progress.

    It sounds to me like you have your priorites in order, in regards to not competiting, and I'm sure that it wasn't an easy decision to make.

    Hope that everything else you are dealing with has time to fall into place now.

    Cheers,
    Cate

    By Blogger Cat, at 11:57 am  

  • Sorry to hear of your health issues. Sounds like you are making the right decision to look after your body, you can't help others if you can't help yourself first.

    Take care Sue and I hope things start settling down for you.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home