2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, October 30, 2006

Great cardio session this morning. Just ran hard, and did some staircliming - outdoors. My house is quite convenient to the Arts Centre and the amphitheatre where there are 2 different types of stairs. It was a good 8-10 minute run there, then 10 mins of continuous stairs, and short runs, and a run back. Heart rate was caning for most of the time. My program requires short, intense cardio sessions - and that was a good one. This afternoon I trained back and rear delts, and abs. This ab program is quite a bit more volume than I have been doing! Like most people, I tend to slack off a bit on abs. The training was difficult because it was different - different in that my trainer is big into tempo as a tool for muscle building/shaping. So, lots of slow reps, especially on the negatives. My arms and back are aching now. I actually found it hard on my forearms and wrists, just from the extra time under tension. I am sure they will get accustomed to it. Hard to go back to lighter weights and higher reps though!

Tomorrow I will do another cardio session, and, legs and calves, and more abs. Abs are 4 x week, so have to do 2 in a row.

I have a huge week of new clients, so I best get back to work. I'm seriously thinking of hiring a part time PA!

My computer is making this really loud buzzing noise all the time - it's highly annoying! Just like that little yappy dog across the road that barks at 11pm, 3am, and 6am...grrr.

7 Comments:

  • Hi Sue, well done with your exercise plan, your strength and stamina is pretty impressive. As for the dog, have you ever seen the movie 'Keeping Mum'?!!(HEHE, only joking!)
    Gillian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 pm  

  • Hi Sue
    I just wanted to say gday and wanted to let you know that I used to deal with Quest in Kew for work and they are such "A" holes. They are horrible women who are totally up themselves and I decided that they were so horrible to deal that I took our business elsewhere. We used to spend about $10k on average a year with them, but after too many awful conversations and them just being difficult in general I politely advised that we wouldn't be dealing with them in future. God it felt great!
    Well done on your progress and I always read your blog, one day I will return as a client........

    Sam Winton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 am  

  • Hey Gill, thank you! No haven't seen it so can't comment! I think I can figure out what it might be about though!

    Sam! Hi, great to hear from you and for leaving a message! That totally doesn't surprise me but at the same time I am glad you wrote! Apparently when the other girls checked out she was bitching about me to my friends! Not very smart, let alone professional! I hope the owners wake up what sort of people they have working for them. It's a pity, because that place is so convenient for the comps, I recommended it to everyone. Not anymore, so they will lose some business from my contacts also. I'd been going there for years. Hope you are well, chat soon!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 6:29 am  

  • Hi Sue,
    Quest at Southbank is no better but for a different reason. I was tempted to call the police but Reid thought it wouldn't do any good.
    Why do we all slack off on abs? It's one of my major sins.
    It sounds like your trainer thinks a bit like Jen H with the low weight and higher reps. It seems to work well for her and hopefully you too.
    Kerry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 pm  

  • Hmm, that sounds dodgy Kerry! I won't even ask! Why do we slack on abs - I like to believe it's because we train so hard we are buggered at the end of the session and therefore skimp on the abs :) No, my trainer doesn't do real high reps and definitely not fast ones like Jen H. But oh, it hurts!! Look forward to seeing you Cup Day perhaps!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 7:25 pm  

  • hey Sue!

    Came by your blog. You look great and are doing awesome things on your website.

    Dan

    By Blogger Daniela Anicic, at 11:04 pm  

  • Read your article, it was great...I always enjoy reading your articles, you definately have a way with words. I know what you mean about customer service these days, I too on the weekend had to stay overnight at a motel and when they had promised me a room when i got there they had overbooked and we didn't have a room and they were not helpful or even considerate! I couldn't believe it.

    Hope you are feeling better physcially these days after your rough patch.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home