2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, November 04, 2006

I needed Doctor Harry this week!

What a whirlwind week!! All good, or mostly. I'm moving my site to another web host, and hoping that will sort out many problems I've been having. It hasn't been pleasant for awhile.

Rexy went feral!!!! For two days, he hissed and spat at me - ME, his MOTHER!!! He was fine with Damien, but every time I so much as looked at him (no kidding!) he would hiss and growl at me!! He was out in the garage sniffing around and had been there for ages so I went out to find him. I must have frightened him when I came around the corner and knocked the garage door which made a loud noise. He hissed and growled at me, then ran inside. Then all night he wouldn't come near me and just sat there crouched down and hissing and growling!! He made some really interesting noises! This was quite funny for a while, but he was still like it when it was time to go to bed. Next morning I went down and he was fine, all purry and friendly. But, at night time, he changed - jekyl and hyde! Suddenly he got this look in his eyes and went all weird and then started his hissing and spitting routine again! Just for me, not Damien!! He let Damien pat him, but me, I couldn't go near him! That's the thanks you get for looking after him all these years!!! Next day he was better again, but he was still really edgy and would only stay in the laundry. The day after (yesterday) he was all back to normal! Gawd, he was quite scary. I thought we would have to call Dr Harry!

I have been LOVING cardio - what's that I hear you say?????????? Yes, that's right, loving cardio. I have just tried this new supplement, it's a pre workout/pre cardio supp - it's MORE than a fat loss supplement, it increases energy, stamina, endurance, and helps to reduce lactic acid build up. I was able to keep my heart rate in the 85-90% range, and keep it there relatively easy, even got up to 98%, and I wasn't dying while doing it!!! I love this stuff. So, I am letting my brekky go down before I take a dose of it, and off to the gym for a stairmaster workout. And I am looking forward to it!!!

I am loving my new program, actually, the training is different, I have to leave my ego at home (haha) when I go to the gym now as the weights I am lifting are tiny compared to what I was pushing. But, it hurts, even MORE, and in a different way. My body SCREAMS during, and ACHES after, this type of tempo training. The diet has been wonderful thus far, enough food to keep me very satisfied, enough to fuel my intense workouts, and I'm not feeling deprived in any way - and, I'm back in the 113's today, though my body composition has surely changed a little! I have a recommended supplement schedule that I am sticking religiously to, and I do believe it's helping. It includes glutamine, Vitamin C, multivit/mineral, Durathon, BCAA's and a pre workout creatine/arginine/citrulline product, and then the one described above, before cardio.

I sent off my letter of complaint to the Quest people, let's see if I get a response :)

Ok, time to shower, and hit the cardio and abs.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Sue, what do you mean when you say your body composition has changed? In what way? Just being nosey:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 am  

  • Oh my goodness what has gotten into Rexy!! Maybe you need to get a cat phsychologist in! Cats do weird things sometimes, I actually bought a book called "Phycho Kitty" when I first got Connor because he was so naughty and LOUD. Now I just realise he's Siamese.

    Training sounds great!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 12:36 pm  

  • Good luck with Quest. Our complaint fell on deaf ears and blind people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 pm  

  • Gillian - What I mean is, I have more fat on me now than I had when I was this weight and preparing for comp :) meaning, scale weight is often not the best way to judge progress or where you are at with your body composition.

    Hils - it was scary!! It actually crossed my mind we may have to give him away! I'll keep you informed - I may need to borrow that book :)

    Kerry - yes, I'm guessing mine will do the same.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home