2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas 2006

Hello! Merry Christmas everyone! I've been flat out with organizing lunch and dinner for Christmas day at our house. Luckily we have had a couple of beautiful hampers given to us so that has made a great contribution - since my plans to make quite a few different dishes went by the wayside. It took me all day to do all my little jobs in town on Wednesday, and it was SO hot. There was a bazillion people in town, the traffic was barely moving and it was all very frustrating! I just didn't have time to make anything in the end.

My Christmas celebrations started about Tuesday this week. Out for dinner, then Wednesday to the pub, Thursday was a business dinner, Friday out for dinner with friends, Saturday night to the pub, and tonight - well, our house is full of food now so we have just been snacking on various Christmas day food. We are going to church tonight, with Damien's sister and BIL, and then home for an earlyish night and up early for a big Christmas day. Preparations will begin early! Cooking a big turkey, a roast beef, roast veggies, mum's doing a pork with crackling, we have ham, chickens and prawns for dinner. Lots of nibbly things, including some awesome brie cheese, smoked salmon, avocado, nuts, dip, biscuits of varying descriptions, fruit cake, a cheesecake, a pudding, cherries, ice cream, chocolates. Phew. I am already feeling quite blah from the rich food. It's quite amazing how it affects me - aching joints and muscles even! I trained up until Friday, and will now have a break until Wednesday when the gym opens again.

Hilary, Ali and Tracey - Merry Christmas!! Thank you Hils and Ali for the cards.

Mike - thank you! And you too have a wonderful Christmas! There is plenty of time to be dieting after the 25th :)

Selina - that's because I trash all the yukky pics!!! Merry Christmas! Thanks to you too for the lovely e card :)

Kerry - thank you for the card!! You have a nice Christmas and i hope to see you soon. Still a few issues with the forum, but I think most people can get in.

Jodi - great to hear from you! Thanks so much for the kind words, much appreciated! I'm really looking forward to comp season next year. Maybe I will get to meet you somewhere along the way :)

Michelle - yes I think Rexy should be able to manage a little loss, he's very active up and down these stairs (as I am, chasing him back down!)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas day!

1 Comments:

  • Love the new site! Hope your xmas was great and your New Year even better :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home