2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's my lucky day!

I have an iron deficiency!!! Woohoo!! Why, you ask, am I so excited at this, seemingly, bad news? Well, you see, I've been fighting fatigue for a long time - I have bouts - and whilst it has been a lot better since being treated for adrenal exhaustion and hypothyroid, I still suffer. Maybe I'm grabbing at straws, but I'll take anything at this stage. I found out, quite by accident, that my haemoglobin count is low. I've had two blood tests within the last say, 2 months, and they both read low. Well, my Doc told me it was 'normal' until I questioned him further as to the reference range. I was right on the borderline of low, and 'normal'. Previous to this, my endocrinologist had my white and red blood cell counts done, I wasn't sure why, as he'd never done them before. I noticed that the red blood cell count was "Low" on my results, yet, my doc never said one word about it. I wasn't really looking for that, and didn't know what it really meant, so didn't even think any more about it - until I got results for my latest tests. So, I am HOPING, that with some treatment, this will help my energy levels!! I haven't had red meat on my diet for awhile, and, all through my comp prep I did not have red meat. So, here's hoping. If only it is this easy!! Did a quick search on the net and come up with this which summed me up (on many occasions):

Are you ... Feeling tired? Lethargic? Having trouble thinking or concentrating? Feeling dizzy? Weak? Pale Skin? Always feeling cold? Having Heart Palpitations? These are all symptoms of Low Iron Levels...

To be continued....going out for dinner!

3 Comments:

  • Sue this could be great news, will keep my fingers crossed that all you need is a little more red meat to boost your energy levels back to normal.

    Did you have steak for dinner last night?!!!!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 7:58 am  

  • Finally an answer. I understand your joy 'cause this has dragged on for you for long enough. You won't know yourself soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 am  

  • Sue, Glad you might have some idea as to what has been causing you the stress and exhaustion.... Very common problem umong women. I am sure you will have twice as much energy soon - you will get some awesome results in training!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home