2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Funny gym story

Good evening everyone! So, can you guess who my new sponsor is??? Hint, have a closer look at the photos. God computers SUCK sometimes!!! The photos won't post! So, the whole story just won't be the same! I will try again later. But here's the story anyway!

Today I trained legs and shoulders with Adam. I have not trained heavy and hardcore legs for about 6 weeks. So, we started with squats, and I managed 6 good reps at just over 150lb which wasn't bad. I got Adam to take some pics, since I had my new sponsor gear on. He perched on top of the other leg press, to get this pic of me pressing what I thought was 500lb. I'd just done 10 reps at 400lb so figured this was a cinch. I pressed my first rep - and this photo is of me at the bottom of the rep, and - this is as far as I got!!!! My next word I managed to squeeze out was "F@#!" as my knees ended up around my ears and had to push the plate with both hands, to try and avoid getting crushed to smitherines by what turned out to be SIX HUNDRED pounds! Took Adam just a few seconds to realise I was stuck and not getting out!! He nearly fell off his perch in his hurry to get to the machine and proceed to push with all his might to try and get the weight off me!! In the end it was really pretty funny :) He wasn't aware that 2 of the plates were 100 pounders rather than 50. They actually look the same size. So this pic is taken about 1 second before all that happened :)

I'm going to be sore, I can feel it already. Thinking I might have to have a spa tonight.

Gill - Thanks, you are too kind! Yes, I'd hate to think if I lived on junk food how I'd feel!

Michelle - Thanks Michelle, Rexy is banished to the tiled area - his furr is so bad it even blocked up our air conditioner filter causing it to break down! Not good in 40 degree heat!! Damn Rexy, he always has a plan to foil us...!

Di - hehe, such a lady, that is too funny :) You're sounding like G!

Hi Ali! - Thanks, we had a lovely dinner - one of the courses we had was bison! It was served medium rare, and also some beef, cooked the same - the bison was yummy! Quite sweet tasting. We also had sourdough bread, smoked trout with calamari and pomegranate sauce(sp??), fried zucchini flowers filled with ricotta and served with grilled cherry tomatoes, quail ravioli, and creme caramel for dessert. And a beautiful chilled 2003 Carlei Chardonnay. Followed by a cappuccino! And, then I had some chocolate for 2nd dessert. Now, I must tell you they were not large servings!!!! But, of course I was stuffed after all that. Very nice indeed.

Chantal - hello! Beachhouse is quite good, apart from not having any barbells :( That is my major gripe. I don't understand how a gym cannot have such basic pieces of equipment. Let me know if your Beachhouse has them - I am pretty sure though it's a national barbell shortage as far as Beachhouse goes.

Tracey - hi stranger! Good to hear from you. Thank you, and yes, not real practical for children - or furry brown tabbies!

Sam in Sling but not for much longer - :) Awww, thanks :)

Other news, web site is getting closer, have actually started to upload a few gallery pics in the evenings. Slow process.

Found some old pics from 2002 comp lead up that I hadn't seen for ages. I was leaner back then, have not been able to get that lean since. My abs were great. Next time! Ok, over and out, time for some spa bubbles.

2 Comments:

  • My goodness!!! your dinner sounds awesome!!! [she says while eating her chicken and asparagus ;)]

    Can't wait till you post the pic

    Alixxx

    By Blogger Ali, at 2:21 pm  

  • Sue, you are an inspiration!!!

    You and your house look FANTASTIC! It's awesome to see you are so disciplined with your workouts and healthy eating all the time!

    Congratulations on all you have achieved so far in 2006!

    Pip

    By Blogger Pip, at 8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home