2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, April 02, 2007

I am not a dwarf...

Am I? I have had a fitball for the last 18 months - with no air in it. Simply been one of those things on the 'to do' list. Well, finally we pumped it up last night. It is so small, I'm sure it's made for a dwarf. Not that I have anything against dwarfs by the way, but I can't even do full crunches on it because it's too low to the ground and I certainly can't use it for a chair. Unless I want to type with my arms up around my ears. :( Not happy - this was the size they recommended for me and it is one of those exy medi-ball ones, like over $100.

The blind man is here. And, as predicted, they stuffed up our blinds. So, not only does he refuse to take his shoes off on my lovely cream carpet, we have the wrong fabric in one of the bedrooms...grrrrr. It will be great to finally have window furnishings though!!! I bet the house will feel really dark inside now. Big pud is huddled up against the wall under my desk - he doesn't like the blind man either :)

I had a great 20 min HIT cardio session yesterday at the gym. Did 17 minutes on the stepper, and included intervals at level 15 and 16 - I was going flat out. I wasn't even puffing that much - heart rate in the mid 170's. I finished off with sprints on the treadmill at 16kph - I can sprint faster, but instead of faster, I went longer. I then took Rosemary, a new local client, through her program. I have 4 locals now, which is nice. I might do some local advertising one of these days perhaps.

We didn't get to go to RPM yesterday as Jodie had other things crop up and I couldn't go on my own because it was special invite by Jodie only :) Bummer, was looking forward to it, so maybe Jode, we'll have to go and do a normal class.

Thanks to Hils, Rach, Gill, Lis, Jode and Shar for your very lovely comments!! You guys are why I love my 'job' so much :)

Ok well I had better get to work. Hope everyone has a fab day.

4 Comments:

  • That sucks about your fitball! The little one is quite tiny and when I try to use it at the gym--I crack up as to how little I feel! Hopefully they'll let you swap it over...?

    I'm doing an RPM tomorrow morning at 6am...yikes!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 pm  

  • You are not a dwarf but you are a short arse. Just getting you back for calling me a gorilla.

    By Blogger jodie, at 5:48 pm  

  • Next time you have a contractor who refuses to take off his shoes. Keep in your cupboard a pair of plastic shower caps and ask him to place these over his shoes (they fit most mens shoe sizes) at least what is on his boots stays in the caps.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 am  

  • For a moment there I thought you had a visitor that was blind : )

    Yes, I'm having a blonde, carb depleted moment!!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 8:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home