2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm officially old - er

Not that I feel it of course! I have had a lovely day, combination of lazy, versus active. I got up around 6.30am, Damien made coffee, gave me a lovely birthday card and then told me his idea for my prezzie - trip to Melbourne to see Phantom of the Opera! So, we looked around on the net for awhile at options for dates etc. Haven't settled on anything yet. Then I had my oat pancakes and went back to bed! Didn't get up until 10am! I was really hungry when I woke up and wanted to get the boring meal out of the way - protein and veg. I had some left over rainbow trout and beans so I put them together, added some salt and downed them pretty quickly. As I was doing it I wondered how many people (probably 99%) would consider this abnormal - eating cold fish and cold beans for a meal at 10.30am. I don't even give eating cold food a 2nd thought, in fact I eat cold veggies and chicken regularly! Hey if I'm hungry anything tastes good!

I went to the gym around 11am and trained shoulders and rear delts. I am not sure how I stuffed this up because as I was on to my first rear delt exercise I suddenly realised that my next session was back and rear delts again. Then I realised why I was feeling so fatigued in the shoulders - I'd trained chest the day prior, and, I wasn't meant to train shoulders today, I was due for back and rear delts! Whoops. It doesn't take much to throw me off. Friday being a holiday put me out :) So, I will pick up again on Tuesday and do Back and Tris, then back to normal schedule of Legs on Wed. I must have strained my forearm doing seated flys yesterday. It was hurting while I was performing the exercise but I pushed through it, and now today it's really sore.

Not having any eggs hasn't phased me one bit. I've never been into Easter Eggs - as a kid I used to leave my entire basked of eggs untouched, until they went white with age and then had to be thrown out. I really don't see the big deal - eating copious amounts of chocolate never makes you feel good, even if they are wrapped up in pretty colourful papers and shaped like an egg.

I had planned to do my cardio right after training AGAIN - but AGAIN, my plan fell in a hole. I saw my sister at the gym, so we had a chat for about 20 mins after I trained and so was kind of over the whole thought of cardio. Plus, stupid MP3 player had locked up and wouldn't work. So, came home did a bit of emailing, and then had another sleep!! Yeah, I'm actually feeling a little bit dodgy, and hoping that it's not what Jodie had. I slept for a while, got up and then dragged my butt out on the streets for 25 mins of running/stairs. I think I will go and run the spa now, and then, get ready for dinner. Looking forward to a chardy :)

Hope everyone managed to control their egg intake :) Funnily enough but I didn't see very many people out running the streets today - bet they are all easter egged out and feeling crap.

THANK YOU for all the lovely emails and text messages to wish me a happy birthday :) Made me feel very special...xxx

5 Comments:

  • Firstly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Secondly - I would definitely read a password protected blog, it would be interesting!
    Cheers Sue

    By Blogger Sam W, at 6:35 pm  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you aren't coming down with anything as what Jodie has/had sounds awful! Have a wonderful rest of your Easter weekend!!

    xxx hillary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 pm  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    Hope you aren't coming down with Jodie germs:)

    XX - -Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 6:20 am  

  • Glad you had a good Birthday, and stay away from friends with germs :)

    hope you are not coming down with anything.

    I think Easter eggs are overrated as well hehe.

    (However, this year when I go to Adelaide in June I am going to buy some choc from the Belgium choc factory, because I never have and leave it there for my Aunt to bring to me in July, my goodness the things you do.)

    You are right when you are hungry cold food it mighty fine ;)

    Enjoy today and the rest off the week,

    Alixx

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:32 am  

  • Hey Sue,

    Sorry I am late...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! pressy sounds good, sounds like Damo is full of good ideas :-)

    Enjoy
    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home