2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, April 06, 2007

My legs, my legs!

What the heck did I do to them? I'm still asking myself that question. My quads are so sore to touch - I didn't think I trained that hard :0 I was saying to Jodie I'm really surprised - because I have a few (what I call) 'girly' exercises in the program - we start off with heavy slow leg presses but following that we have swiss ball squats (no weight) and DB Front Squats. Last week my hammies got really sore, and hardly anything in quads. My hammies aren't as sore as last week because this week we tried a different hammy exercise. My gym is a bit 'hamstring machine challenged' - our single piece of equipment is the seated hamstring curl. And there are 3 of these - go figure. We usually do Stiff Leg Deadlifts for our 2nd hammy exercise, but this time we decided to try ham curls on the bench, holding a DB between our feet. Like Monica Brant in this month's Oxygen. Not real sure about it, it was interesting, was just getting used to the feel so didn't go heavy enough until the final set.

Had a day off yesterday, and today Jodie and I did a stair session. Walked down, 20 mins of stairs and running, and then walked home. 40 mins total. Gorgeous day here - but you can really feel winter coming on. I really hate that feeling.

Well I received all my goodies in the mail yesterday! It was like Christmas - or, well, a birthday! Thanks for the birthday wishes lovely people, even though it hasn't happened yet :) Kerry, I have a sneaking suspicion I know what your prezzie may be! Anyway, I ripped open my boxes of Ryka's like a kid :) I love them all! They all fit perfectly and are really comfy. I have been wearing them all around the house to wear them in. Wore my cross trainers out today, put my orthotics in and they were perfect. I also bought Damien a pair of brown and beige casual Sketchers. They turned up too. $35US, with postage $60US - still a bargain. Michelle, these things cost couple hundred bucks here - yeah we have stuff, it's just expensive!! Levi's for instance, cost over $100. In addition I received my MRM goodies, enough to keep me going for the next month. Along with a Triceps Cable Rope! Yep, come to think of it, our gym is not just hamstring machine challenged, it's 'equipment challenged' in general. ie barbells, close grip V handle, rope attachment...so obviously can't bring my own barbells but I can bring my own rope!

Di, I think PHAT Camp was planned well before the INBA dates - you can 'blame' the INBA for that one :) Yes, I'm sure that would have stopped a few people from attending on the Goldy, and probably why numbers were down for that particular amp.

Well in 2 weeks I'll be lapping it up on the Sunny Coast once more! Di will be killing me with her hill routes. I have to look into reciprocal memberships with Beachhouse - I have to talk to Brad - hopefully I can work something out because I don't want to fork out $15 5 x week for 3 weeks while on holidays!! Now that PHAT Camp has been cancelled, we have 3 extra days to do whatever. My IBO superstar Carolyn and I are still having some photos taken by Dallas Olsen, on the Sunshine Coast (just got your excited email Carolyn!). It was going to happen at Empire Fitness on the Goldy, but since that's no go, it's plan B into action. We still have to sort hair and makeup, and we are chasing up Di's suggestions for that.

Anyone in the Sunny Coast area have size 7.5 to 8 contest shoes they are willing to loan Carolyn for the photo shoot?? I'd hate to have her buy some just for this.



Di have you lost the humidity yet? Do I need to bring cool clothes???? We will be travelling down the coast so I imagine night times will get cool.

We've got a dvd for tonight, the one with Matt Damon and Leo Di Caprio - can't remember the name of it. Speaking of dvd's we watched Borat the other night, OMG, what a movie!! Quite shockingly funny - I think :) Today's pic is Borat in all his glory :)

Diet going well. I took a few days to get into it, and was wondering if my focus and desire was there after all - but, I have found my mojo again, feeling good and keen to get stuck in and watch the changes happen. The lovely man has allowed me to keep a ML in my day :) I love him :)

Was saying to Jodie this morning, I need a password protected blog so I can say what I really want to :) I think it would be much more interesting than this one :) It would be read at your own risk though!

Happy and safe Easter everyone.

4 Comments:

  • Hello - thought I would pop in and say hi - really miss you guys. I need to start blogging again. Things are starting to settle a little - I did say a little :)
    I need to get some focus again also - my 50th year is nearly over - can you believe that. Planning my goals for the next 12 months.
    A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR SUNDAY. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
    LOVE FROM KIMMY AND KIM XXXOOOXXX

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 10:42 pm  

  • Hi Sue,
    Happy, Happy Birthday for Sunday!!
    I hope you have the best day ever. Glad to hear you feel on track for the comp. Have a wonderful time with Di and enjoy those hills- ouch!!:)
    Gillxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 pm  

  • Hi Sue,
    Happy birhtday for tomorrow. Maybe you could boil an egg and eat the white just to feel the easter spirit!!!! ;)

    I'm sure you can have a password protected blog, some people have team members and they can only access the blog.
    Kelly

    By Blogger Kelly, at 9:32 pm  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a lovely pressie! Hopefully I can catch up with you when you come up now Phat Camp is off. Also I have some comp shoes if that helps, would have to work out how to get them up to Di's.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home