2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Post from the boonies

Sitting here at my sister and brother in laws in Pinnaroo – drinking coffee, checking mail, in front of an open fire. Very cozy. We decided to take a trip at short notice to visit Damien’s family, so drove to Renmark Thursday, then Friday was spent in Renmark Hotel doing my work – although I did something very stupid – I left my program hard copies at home. Stupid girl! So, I got to leave early today to go home and finish off my work. Planning to train with Jodie today too.

So, I’m all fired up for comp prep this time – this is it baby! It COULD be my last one. I want to write a daily blog, but I want it ‘private’ only to the people I’d like to read it! If any of you guru’s out there know how to do that then please help me set one up! I plan to tell everything – something I can’t do on a public blog. And I will probably swear a bit, something I can’t do on a public blog either. hehe.

Thanks so much to Rick from Dell for trying to help me out with the battery! Really appreciate it. You just never know who is reading, ‘eh? (which gets me back to the above).

So, have been pretty slack on the cardio of late, and will be picking that up as of June 1 – this will be my pre-pre-contest start. If that makes sense :) I’m going to follow the nutrition plan I did for Jodie, and, then Jode is going to do my nutrition plan for my comp. It will be good to have some support in that way, as I do feel that I’m ‘all alone’ here in Mildy, with nobody really into comp stuff now that Adam is gone.

Got very sore in the hammies just from doing 3 sets of stiff leg deadlifts on leg day. I think my hammies are weak as. I wish we had some more hamstring options in the gym.

Has anyone done the Beachhouse Bootcamp sessions? I’m interested, but not sure if this would interfere with my comp prep. I’d like to know more details of what's involved and, believe it or not (!!) Beachhouse can’t really tell me. Which immediately raises a bit of a red flag. If anyone reading has, please email me at the address on my website, or, leave a message here on my blog. Ta.

Shar, guess what - Jode and I are coming to the All Female, so after all I WILL FINALLY get to meet you - and see you in all your stage glory!!!

Ok time to get out of my jammies, and, to get on the road to see ma and pa Heintze and then the 2 hour drive home.

8 Comments:

  • and everyone knows how adam helped you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 pm  

  • Sue, sign me up. I'm always up for an honest comp prep read! I don't know isolated Mildura is, but Woop Woop was just awful.

    Cheers
    Liz N

    By Blogger LizN, at 4:20 pm  

  • Oh gee, look who's back...


    Hi Liz, Mildura is pretty isolated, 4 hours from anywhere bigger anyway - but it's a reasonably large town - we have most stuff!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 5:20 pm  

  • I can help you with your blog. Just yell out when you want to do it.

    By Blogger jodie, at 5:48 pm  

  • Sounds like your holiday did you the world of good as you are all ready for comp preparation. Looking forward to sharing the journey ( from afar of course) with you.
    Lisa V

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    your site is inspirational. I would love to continue reading about your journey to comp. pls sign me up when you change your blog.

    I will give you my details soon, my email is down at the mo,

    thanks
    Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 pm  

  • Hey Sue

    Can't believe you will be there after all!! How cool! I get to meet you and Jodie to boot!! :)

    I started my 2nd blog with a daily posting in mind, and I kept it closed for a few weeks but now I'm not posting daily and I opened it up!! :)
    I'd love to share your journey and your swearing! mine has increase over the last 2 weeks so it must be catching.

    I'll mail you soon,
    Shar x

    By Blogger Shar, at 6:50 pm  

  • HI Sue,
    I would love to follow you through your journey...
    sign me up!!

    By Blogger Yummy Mummy, at 4:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home