2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, April 26, 2007

One of life's big curveballs...

I've had some really rough news that has pushed me to make the decision to postpone my comp date to later in the year. It wasn't just that - the pressure of work has been too much, and I really wanted to RELAX on my holiday - not run around buying and cooking chicken and beans and training 2 x day. Realistically, I still have to work a few hours every few days, so, dieting and training and still working, I wasn't getting to enjoy my time off. After all, holidays don't come about too often when you have your own business! I feel good about my decision now. I've still trained - in fact today I had a ripper of a leg session at Maroochydore Beachhouse. I squatted 60kg for a few sets and haven't squatted in ages. Then leg pressed 180kg for 3 sets of 8-10, then ball squatted, supersetted with pop squats. I convenienty 'forgot' to do hammies. My adductors are already sore, and walking down stairs I feel very wonky so I know I am going to be sore for days. I've done some running/walking on the beach too which has been lovely. The weather has been amazing!!

So, it's been a week and I finally feel like I have relaxed. Feel like it IS a break. I still had 9 programs to write the days after I arrived so I've really only just settled into holiday mode.

Carolyn arrived yesterday and we had a very brief posing 'lesson' at Di's today before going to get a spray tan. I hope it's dark enough. Tomorrow Carolyn is having her official 'after' photos done. She's going to look absolutely amazing people - Biggest Loser style transformation here (just much more toned and femininly muscular!).

Had an awesome massage here a few days ago. Now my butt needs another one.

Di is looking fantastic - so little!! She's been doing a great job with all our food surrounding her. It can't be easy!! Damien and I shared some nachos tonight (well really Damien's, I just stole a few bits) while Di sat and drank a herbal tea. Not long Di, not long. We have barely seen each other the whole time - not a lot of work talk done. Di is busy with her prep, and we are busy relaxing :) One of these days we will get together when NEITHER of us is dieting!

Ok, well I am getting very tired, so time to log off. Looking forward to the show on Sunday. We leave for Brissy on Saturday, and stay Sunday for the show, then begin our journey down the coast. It's our 2nd wedding anniversary on Monday, so a nice dinner is in order I think. We are going out with Carolyn tomorrow night to Harvest - that should be great, it's a fantastic little restaurant here in Coolum. We went to Lindoni's at Noosa (Hastings Street) a few nights ago and had the most divine pumpkin/sweet potato/ricotta gnocchi!!! Ok, enough food talk...

9 Comments:

  • Good to hear that you are finally getting to relax and enjoy your holiday. You are almost getting to be a Sunshine Coast local!!

    See you Sunday!

    Hil xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 7:07 am  

  • Hi Sue,
    I'm so pleased you are actually relaxing. I totally understand the self employed holiday dilema. Take it while you can.... Maybe your comp preparation will be more focused next time around after a good break enjoying food and appreciating it.
    Lisa V

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 am  

  • Well done Sue! I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but you need to do what is right for you. I'm so upset I will miss it all on Sunday I was so excited, hopefully I'll get to meet you one day soon.
    Anyway ENJOY every minute of your holidays. Have Fun!

    By Blogger Hilds, at 8:26 am  

  • Yes, enough food talk : )

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 8:35 am  

  • Hey Sue,

    Sounds like you made the right choice :-) So.... does that mean you will still be going to the All-females show? Hopefully, cause I am looking forward to catching up!!

    Enjoy whats left of your holidays.

    Sam I am

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 10:16 am  

  • Hi Sue, I'm so glad to hear that you and Damien have had a relaxing holiday, you certainly deserved it, although I was sorry to hear that you have had some rough news.

    Happy anniversary, I hope you enjoy your dinner:) All the best Sue with everything,
    Gillxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 am  

  • Sue I am glad your enjoying sunny qld, we do have great weather.

    I can't wait to hopefully meet you on Sunday.

    Leeanne

    By Blogger buffmumof2, at 6:21 pm  

  • Dear Sue,

    WTG on Carolyn's transformation. I hope you are proud of what both of you have achieved.

    Kudos to you.
    Cheers
    Liz N

    By Blogger LizN, at 10:02 pm  

  • Thanks so much for your thoughts everyone - I really appreciate it :)

    Liz, YES absolutely, Carolyn is an absolute legend!!

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home