2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Icy cold

I still haven't had my last supper! Was feeling a bit average last night so we didn't go out for dinner. Tonight we had a dinner function to attend, and it was soooooo cold in there I did not take my long wool jacket or my scarf off all night! We left by 9.30pm, couldn't stand it any longer - not with my cough getting worse by the minute! My feet and hands were like ice and I was hugging my knees sitting at the dinner table! Am all toasty now, with the reverse cycle air , flannel jammies and my woolly bed socks. So, tomorrow night is my real last supper, the one I have been looking forward to, although I must admit I could easily go without it. My appetite has been so bad, I'm really surprised as usually I like to eat ALL the time. Yesterday my diet was, Myoplex Lite, turkey on 3 thin corn cakes topped with tzatziki, 3 glasses of wine and 2 bits of pizza and garlic bread. I actually had to force myself to eat the pizza - very weird. I want to have Mars Bar cake for dessert tomorrow night :) And a nice piece of warm crusty bread with butter. Really, that's all I ask :) Maybe some cheesy gnocchi would be nice but I don't think they have that where we are going.

My weight was 114.8 the other day - haven't trained for a week. I expect my weight to actually go up in the first few weeks, when I start training and eating 6-7 meals a day again. I will weigh in the morning after my free meal and you watch the difference :) Tomorrow I will clean out the fridge and cupboards, though there is really nothing much in there anyway - and I will do a big shop - in particular for chicken. We have this awesome chicken shop that has the best chicken. Eating supermarket chicken is like eating rubber now. This stuff melts in your mouth. I will get about 5kg of it, and bake a batch (enough for a few days) and freeze the rest. I am going to be eating a lot of egg whites too.

Going to test out MRM's Alpha Lipoic Acid for awhile, see if it has any effect on cravings - it's meant to regulate blood sugar. That as well as it is an antioxidant, and I'm low in those. Too many free radicals (probably caused by intense training - and cigarette smoke!) roaming around my body. Am taking one now that is costing me $80 for a month's supply - pine bark and bilberry, and grapeseed, in powder form. They say taking a mix of different ones is best. I must also get regular taking my Vit C powder again too. I've written up my supplement schedule - it's pretty crazy. I'll post it here one of these days. Kim wants me to use a digestive supplement too, and I was able to get some MRM Digest All from the US (thanks to my sponsor) so will have that next week. Also using MRM's Smart Blend EFA's. And, BCAA's +G, Chrysin and Arginine. So, if I'm not training, eating, cooking, food shopping, drinking water, going to the toilet, driving to the gym, showering after cardio/training, posing - I am taking supplements. I tell you, it's all a huge committment.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • you are brave, I wish I were half as disciplined as you

    By Blogger Brook, at 11:48 am  

  • Hello - think I have you on my blog now :) I will start a new one now that I have worked this out and start blogging - need to get focused and use you as my mentor :)

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home