2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Saturday, June 16, 2007

PB on Power Deadlift

Pretty stoked with my effort today, not being 100% and all. Me being me, stubborn, determined and all that, I thought yep bugger it I WILL deadlift today. I warmed up with an easy set of 10 at 30kg, then added another 20kg for 4, still warming up. Then worked up to 60kg and did a set of 10. 60kg is not easy, so that was a working set. I was training alone so even just removing and adding plates to the bar was a workout in itself. I considered adding another 10kg and doing a couple but figured I'd just be wasting energy, so, instead, grabbed two 10kg plates and added them. So, I had a total of 80kg - wasn't even sure I could lift it but I was gonna have a go! I did it! Only got the one rep and you should have seen me - was like in the powerlifting comps where their legs shake, and the rep is SO SLOW it took forever to get it up there, but once I got past the sticking point it was easy. I must have pulled something in my shoulder though!!! Stupid girl. I went out and found a bar that I could lean into and dig into my back/scapula area and rub it out. It felt fine after a few minutes so I went back and did another set of 10 with 60kg. Now, you can be sure I will be sore as hell because I always get sore from these, plus, with the week off I will be doubly sore. Glutton for punishment aren't I?

Jodie is organising a get together in Melbourne for the IBO girls - or anyone else that wants to come along! I know Selina, Hilde (possibly), Natalee, Kelly, Kerry, maybe Ali are all going to be there. It's at 10.30am somewhere in Camberwell near the show venue! I have to tan up Christy at about 12.30pm. I haven't even got tickets yet. Email me if you would like to come!

Finished the last of my programs this morning, and have trained, so this arvo I am going to do what any normal girl would do on a Saturday - shop. So, I must go and shower and get ready to burn some plastic :)

1 Comments:

  • Sue I will be there for sure! I haven't booked anything yet so looking forward to making some plans and finally meeting everyone. Hope your not too sore tommorrow.

    By Blogger Hilds, at 11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home