2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week of posts

I've had lots of people wanting to catch up on how I am going, so here's a selection of posts from my other blog...

Took the day off cardio today. Still stuffed up in my head/throat/ears and feeling exhausted. I trained tonight after a sleep this arvo. Trained well - reduced reps a bit to go heavier, to make sure these muscles remember they have to hang around to lift heavy weights. Got some very nice compliments on my back at the gym tonight.I'm hungry. Tomorrow is CARDIO unfortunately, and shoulders/triceps. I think I might do a walk outdoors tomorrow - it's supposed to be 22 degrees! It was beautiful out today and was 20.Just had a spa. Really needed it, was very relaxing. Now watching S&TC and Seinfeld, before I have my pancake and then crash for the evening. Meant to be going out for dinner with a friend on Friday night but I am worried I won't have the stamina!! I just get tired very early these days.

Tortellini and Baci cake
Tha'ts what I had :) And 2 slices bread (not the best bread but I'll take it), and 2 glasses of wine. Mmmm mmm. I was pretty disappointed at the menu at Zest. The tortellini was the only thing that appealed (and it WAS good - pretty small serve which was probably a good thing too). I had to go to Pizza Cafe to get my dessert take away! Baci Cake is right up there with Mars Bar Cake! Very sinful. Kim allowed me to have a steak or salmon for dinner tonight too - so I had salmon. I am feeling the pinch big time now. I was really flat again today even after my carb splurge last night. I felt weak training chest today. Then all I could muster up, even after an hour's nap, was a walk to the supermarket for my cardio. Broccoli is $7.50 a kilo at the moment, what a bloody joke. I did my 50 mins, but it certainly wasn't high intensity. So, 2 x cardio tomorrow - hope I am a bit more of a bundle of energy. Trouble is, on such little carbs, now I don't have any in reserve, I use them all up in my training and then am zonked for the rest of the day. Yes yes yes, I know, it's me who chooses to do this :) I think tomorrow I might go outdoors for some stairs, and, do a step class tomorrow night.

Walking Dead
That's how I feel today! I'm sure the lack of carbs is getting to me. I purposely am not having one of my carb meals because I have a free meal tonight, but gawd, I am so hungry, and flat as a tack and aching all over. Funnily enough, this morning I had lots of energy and did an awesome 50 mins cardio at the gym (combo of machines). 50 mins is really a long time when you are really working it, isn't it? I finished off with abs, and was starving after that even though I had one meal before I came. Thankfully I don't have to train today, and, tomorrow I will have newfound energy in my free meal carbs tonight! That's what is keeping me going today, the thought of having whatever I want tonight!

I can't believe I'm already in the 113's. I'm starting to get paranoid that I am becoming 'small' already in the upper body. But of course, I'm happy to be losing! This is where I was 5 weeks out from my last show! That seems quite amazing. I'm determined to prove to myself, and others, that competition dieting doesn't have to be that depriving. Providing you start in a good spot, I feel you should be able to somewhat 'cruise' in. I wasn't able that luxury in my last show that is for sure. This plan is great because I can choose what I want to eat for my protein - and I can swap the order of my meals around which is really convenient at times. I am also allowed to have a Myoplex Carb Sense in place of a protein/veg meal when I want to. So, I'm quite happy thus far on this plan. I am still having milk in my coffee too. There's minimal carbs, and I must admit I start to feel it after 3 days of 2x day training/cardio. For instance, yesterday was meant to be cardio and training but I was still sore - and exhausted, and my brain wasn't really functioning, so instead of taking today off completely, I did just one session yesterday and made today training day, and tomorrow will be just cardio. It's all about listening to your body. I'm through with that killing myself business! When your body needs a rest, have one. You'd be wasting your time in the gym anyway, if your body and mind doesn't want to be there. So, since I made it into the 113's I'm definitely having a cheat meal tomorrow night :) I will still be somewhat careful though! Also, on this prep program my cardio is whatever I want. So, yes, I can do what I enjoy!

Yesterday I woke up feeling really blah, as my cold and a cough kicked in, but I did finally have a great sleep. I managed to stay in bed until 8.30am after going to bed at 9.30pm! Nice one. But, last night different story - about 5.5 hours sleep - not enough for me. I wondered how I would get through a big day of work, and training, without falling in a heap, so, in my infinite wisdom - I decided to take 2 fat burners. These are Vitamin World (US) brand, ones I've had for ages. I keep 'forgetting' my body doesn't really tolerate them. It took about half hour to have an effect, and I started feeling so sick, like I wanted to vomit! My chest was all tight like it was about to burst! Really strange feeling. Anyway, I had to go and lay down as I was all shaky and just wanted to be sick! Laying down fixed me, as did then having something to eat. I should have just taken one capsule to try it out! I'll never learn.The latest Women's Health & Fitness is out, with Carolyn's success story - it looks excellent! My abs are starting to show - they were quite noticeable when I was doing my step class yesterday.

1 Comments:

  • thanks for the update. Fantastic article in WH&F on one of your success stories... amazing!

    By Blogger Yummy Mummy, at 1:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home