2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Has it been that long???


Getting close to a month since I have posted! It's that busy time of year for body transformations so I have been flat out like a lizard. I'm retiring from comp prep :) It just makes no sense when my business is booming and I am so busy. I cannot keep up with the training - I have no desire to kill myself to do it. I think once you have proven you can do it, the discipline and time required is just too much when you have a partner, family, business. So, the decision was quite easy really - my head space wasn't where it needed to be. Maybe next year, unless other plans evolve :) For the moment I am just enjoying eating my blueberries and cottage cheese, MRP's, and having the odd wine when I feel like it. My diet is always pretty clean but it's a mountain of pressure off just being able to choose what you want to eat when you want to eat it! Pics above are at my retiring conditiong.

Damien is busy setting up a desk downstairs for our new temp who is starting next week. I need some admin support, so this is the first of two steps in reducing my workload so I can concentrate on marketing and promotion (I have made some awesome contacts there recently!) and updating my website more often. We're getting there!

We are planning a short getaway to the Grampians in a few weeks for some hiking - looking forward to a few days off. Really need to start planning next year's holiday too - may be our last for some time! I'd love to go to Europe but I think that may have to be when we win lotto :) ie never. Another cruise would be nice though.

Well what an amazing weekend it's been weather wise. In the high 20's - awesome. I was out 'pounding the pavement' this morning - it was just glorious. I got swooped by a magpie :( And yesterday too. So, I guess I will have to avoid our nice tree lined areas by the river for awhile. Just when the weather is divine, now I have magpie's to keep me away. Tomorrow is shoulders and chest. I haven't trained since Wednesday actually - had a huge deadlift session where I managed a PB of 5 reps at 95kg on sumo's. Did 4 heavy sets. My back was too sore to train 2 days later! I'm reducing my training to 3 x week, and increasing the cardio a little for awhile. I was getting some good upper body size going on with the new program I was doing. Lots of chin up, and deadlift variations. No direct shoulder work which was different.

Today was the first day in ages I have had relatively free to do what I want. So, I went for a look around the shops to see what's about for summer. It was so relaxing not to be rushing here there and everywhere. I also managed to get a newsletter out - first one in ages.

Work this week is looking huge. I think I will aim to start on programs tomorrow and get a couple done each day so I am not still writing on Saturday/Sunday.

Watched Blood Diamond last night - very action packed movie!

5 Comments:

  • hello - sounds like your world is all good. I am slowly getting bettter on this end but still not well tonight and have my eye infection back - think I gave it back to myself from eye makeup - I will have to turf the lot. Anyway if i still look like I do right now, tomorrow, I will not be going into the office - guess I will just work from home. I have been good as far as gym and cardio but haven't really been focused on my diet. Still preety happy with where I am sitting at the moment even with all the chocolate :)

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 11:18 pm  

  • My god!! How do you walk in those heels????
    Hope things calm down a little now with the changes you have made!

    By Blogger Yummy Mummy, at 11:49 am  

  • Hi Sue,

    :-( I was looking forward to meeting you at the NABBA/WFF comp but I'm also not doing that show now (although I'm not retiring as I have yet to experience a comp).

    Oh well it'll just have to be somewhere else at another time.

    All the best

    Magda

    By Blogger Magda, at 4:45 pm  

  • Great to hear a nice "break" is on the horizon for you!!!!!

    I can't wait to see what the new contacts bring!

    Michelle:)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:00 pm  

  • Your bikini is sooooo gorgeous!!! And you look very comfortable in it.. That's the most important part!

    By Blogger Claudine, at 8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home