2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hi from Warrenmang!

Well, have I let my hair down this weekend that is for certain! Just finished an awesome degustation dinner at Warrrenmang - 5 courses (small ones!) and all exquisite! Wine with each course. Absolutely beautiful though I didn't actually feel that satisfied at the end. I was really looking forward to a ravioli dish they had advertised - unfortunately on an old menu. Tasted the best red wine I've ever had tonight - the Warrenmang Black Puma Shiraz. They don't usually have it by the glass but we were lucky enough for them to open a bottle specially. Well worth it and we will be buying some of this. This comes from a true blue chardonnay girl. This red was absolutely sensational.
Wine tasting 2 days, but only one winery today - hey, there is only so much wine one can taste. We went to Blue Pyrenees winery today, had a cheese platter for lunch. Very nice, definitely hit the spot. We had massages today - worst massage in history. There's nothing worse than finishing a massage and feeling as though half your body hasn't even been touched. I didn't realise your upper arms, shoulders, chest, quads and upper hammies and glutes were not part of your body. And why do they spend so much time on your bloody fingers and toes of all things. We both agreed it was an absolutely crap massage.

It's been a nice break. This place is sensational - the views amazing. Watched a couple of boxing kangaroos in the vineyard this afternoon, from our room! Speaking of Kangaroos, how good was that game last night - go Roos! Not so good last week but I'll take this week! See how they go against Port on Saturday.

We'll get up in the morning and drive the 4 hours home. After breaky. They have cooked breakfast here every day too. So, omelette it is tomorrow!

I trained the day I left, did a bit of a walk around yesterday, nothing today, and by the time we get home and I do all my jobs, I think I will train Tuesday instead.

Claudine - I haven't written in my comp blog for some time since I have decided not to compete this year. But, thank you for your interest!

4 Comments:

  • Aww, you're making me feel homesick. Did you know there used to be a nudist colony at Warrenmang?
    I'm glad you are taking a well earned break.

    Kerry

    By Blogger Kerry, at 8:46 am  

  • Awwwh that's why :) No prob! ehehe
    I love reading you here too ya know! :)

    By Blogger Claudine, at 10:46 am  

  • Sounds like you had a wonderful time! That sucks about the massage, especially if you've been looking forward to it.

    Good that you found a red wine that you like, I switch between the two - I drink white for ages then suddenly switch to red for a while. Actually if its got alcohol in it then I'm sure to like it!!! LOL!

    Hope you had a safe drive home.

    Hilary

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:04 am  

  • Sounds like a FABULOUS - and well deserved weekend!

    I wonder if I can find that type of wine here........

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 3:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home