2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back to reality


Granite Island, Victor Harbor

I'm back! Have had a magnificent few days. Friday night before we left, we were invited to dinner by one of the local Lutheran Church pastor's and his wife - they treated us to a lovely dinner, very healthy too, and an entertaining evening. Such a beautiful family - their children were so polite and extremely grown up for their age! The kids had us out kicking the footy and digging for 'treasure' in the garden :) We got chatting about the Cohen's Diet, as this couple have been following it for some months and have lost a lot of weight, but I educated them a bit on the dangers of such a low carb and low calorie diet. I could talk all night on diet and training issues :)

The next day Jodie and I trained legs - we did a strength workout this time, I wanted to test how much I had improved. Managed to squat 60kg for a set of 4 (which is 5kg more than my bodyweight), and only managed 1 rep at 65kg. Got 6 reps for 400lb leg press (it's a pin loaded one rather than our usual 45 degree sled that they have removed from the gym - so i really have nothing to compare it to), and some other good lifts, can't remember off the top of my head now. Still managed to get quite sore.

I worked feverishly for the rest of the day as we decided to leave Saturday arvo. Wasn't until about 5pm that I finished everything, so we just decided to go to Renmark and stay there the night, and leave for Victor the next day. Had a lovely few days - it was so good to remove myself from the computer for an entire day (well i answered one email from Di). I really felt as though I had a good break. We went out for dinner twice, but I did very well at sticking to my diet as I took my blender with me, as well as some precooked food, and other food that is convenient for travelling ie packaged tuna, salmon, peanut butter, rice cakes, etc.

Did some walking on the beach, and over to Granite Island, for cardio. I managed to finish my Women's Fitness article, so I am pleased with that. I really love writing, I would like to do more of it. I need quiet time to do so, so I can concentrate. Good excuse to get away for the weekend :) Good time for writing...

Next weekend we are going away also. Christmas present to Damien, trip to the cricket in Adelaide. 3 nights there, so that will be good. I hope to meet up with Tracy, and perhaps even have a workout together.

Could not believe how hot it was when we got away from the coast. Like an oven. Jode wasn't able to train tonight, so I went alone. Trained back and tris. I have a new workout coming from Richie, as well as an updated diet. I am really happy with how I am coming up. Can't believe I am not putting on any fat with the amount of food I am eating!

There was a girl at the gym tonight who had her shorts half way up her a**. It was disgusting. I am not exaggerating, she had 1/3 of her bum cheeks hanging out, with a huge wedgie to boot. How anyone can be comfortable working out in that is beyond me. NOT a good look.

Ok better get back to it. If you are waiting for feedback, or email answered, please be patient! My job for tomorrow! Time to go and eat some more.

I have received some more finishing photos from clients over the past couple of days - awesome work girls!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home