2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, May 25, 2006

All good

Skin folds done, and I was pretty happy with the results. I took pictures and sent them to Richie, so will see what he thinks and what the next step is.

Leg day is a big one. I did biceps, abs and cardio after my skin folds, then back later tonight for legs. To be honest, I struggled tonight - it's Jodie's fault! She wasn't there to partner me! I managed well for the first 30 mins and then my energy plummeted. I suppose it's to be expecteed though. I feel better now I am relaxing in the warmth of the lounge room in my jammies :) I have a visitor parked beside me on the couch, snuggling up and purring. He can barely fit, but he manages :)

I am so busy that I am barely getting a chance to sit down and work. I did manage to get one program done today, but I did not get out to the cafe to do it! Tomorrow I will for SURE. It took from 7-10.30 getting skinfolds, etc done this morning, then when I got back, getting dressed in my suit and shoes and taking pics, then resizing and sending all the info to Richie, answering the odd email in between, and it was already 1pm. I then got the mail (and got my routine video, yippee, which I then had to take to get put onto dvd - Jodie's MIL to the rescue! I get to pick it up tomorrow, now that is service!), then went to have my nails done and eyebrows waxed. After that, groceries (again!), and finally home to cook up my sweet potato, eat, have an ebay coffee decaf (mmm, mmm), and then head off to the gym again. I was tired by this stage but I pushed through.

So, now here I sit, trying to catch up on some email and of course write this, my journal. Here's an interesting stat - I weigh 114.4 at present and 13.7% body fat by my calculations. When I started my first Body For Life Challenge in 2001, and keep in mind I had already been training for some time, I weighed 112lb, at 21% body fat. Nice change in body composition over the years :)

It was quite interesting at the supermarket today - I was in the express queue, and next to me was a very overweight lady. As I waited for the checkout girl to scan my items through, I took a look at what this lady had in her pile of groceries, and compared them to mine. I had sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli and salmon. She had, 2 trays of cakes, a loaf of bread, a rice dessert tub, a chocolate bar, and a food magazine. I looked at her body, looked at me. If I ever needed any convincing, it was right there...

On that note, I need to eat some veggies...have a great night everyone!

7 Comments:

  • Hi Sue,

    just wondering what you have when you go to GJ's?

    Also love the comment about the supermarket queue. Its so true isn't it. I'm a PT and the number of obese people I talk to who innocently tell me they have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a salad sandwich for lunch and a stir fry for dinner. Like "yeah right" who do they think they're kidding.

    Cheers

    Magda

    By Blogger Magda, at 10:07 pm  

  • I do EXACTLY the same thing when I am in the supermarket. When I go and do my monthly shop (I cant stand going to the supermarket more than once a month!) I always peek into other people's trolleys and see what they are buying. I always see trolleys laden with chips, softdrinks, sugary cereals and junk food in general. Then I look in my trolley and see what I am buying - makes me feel better about what I am doing for my health and wellbeing!

    Alicia
    xo

    By Blogger Bug's Mumma, at 8:52 am  

  • Keep up the great work Sue. You are going to SHINE at the July Show : )

    I'm so proud to part of your support crew!

    By Blogger Di Broeren, at 10:40 am  

  • Hi Sue,

    I started a blog and thought that I would let you know.

    So glad you got your video from Kim, I was going to drop you an email to find out if you had got it yet. Didnt need to, just need to read your blog from now on, right ;-)

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam D-M, at 1:58 pm  

  • Magda, good to hear from you. I have a short macchiato at GJ's.

    Alicia - yes absolutely!

    Di - likewise and thank you :)

    Hi Sam!!!! I will go and check out your blog right now! Yes, I finally have the dvd in my hot little hands.

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 11:00 pm  

  • The supermarket quote is so true. Right now my wife and I are both following the same eating plan which makes it so much easier. She is currently doing better than me and is down 13 pounds so far! So glad we are eating the same, as there is no junk in the house currently!

    Also, just wanted to say, I am always amazed at just how much you fit into one day. You are a Wonder-Woman!

    Shane

    By Blogger Shane Leighton Photography, at 9:19 pm  

  • Shane - nice to see you! Great news on your progress so far! Keep it up! Wonder Woman? How about "Stressed Out Woman?" :) I do manage to fit a bit into my days, but I do love it, it's only every so often I feel overwhelmed :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home