2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Monday, May 01, 2006

We got PHAT






What a weekend! Sitting waiting for my flight back to Mildura, and thought I would take the opportunity to reflect on the weekend.

I met and talked to so many wonderful people! It was awesome to catch up with Jen and Heather – they are the greatest, genuinely lovely women out there to encourage and support us all. It was great to see Kimmy, Margie and Kerry again – and to meet Alison for the first time – what a sweet lady! We had lots of laughs over the weekend. And JL – it felt like I had known her for ever. I told her she reminded me of someone I had met before but couldn’t figure out who - it did come to me later. I met Beate – and didn’t recognize her!!! She is so tall and slim (with great arms!!!). It was lovely, she asked me to write a message in her training diary for her and she gave me a little gift which was so generous! I met up again with Lisa, another I feel I have known for years – we actually went to the same school but never crossed paths, though we know lots of the same people. I also met Kerry, Liz and Paula – all current clients - it’s just the best thing to meet clients in person. I also met a lovely lady by the name of Jenny, who introduced herself and told me how much she loves my articles in the Women’s Fitness & Health mag. I was so chuffed :) Sineade from Ironman mag was there doing the camp too - she was great! Sent her the pic of me and Lis above, and she said she'd put it in the Hot Shots section of Ironman, so keep a lookout!

I am feeling a bit out of it today, and was yesterday also. The cold is blocking me up a bit. I did my own training and cardio on the Saturday, and yesterday I did my own cardio, but legs with Jen. I really enjoyed it, bit fitter than I was at last camp, and while it wasn’t easy by any stretch, I handled it much better. Lots of walking lunges around the gym, squats/pop squats, and cardio incorporated. Some exercises I’d never done. My butt is quite sore already.

Saturday night we went out with the other campers, but as the Hard Rock Café didn’t do fish, 4 of us decided to go a few doors up and eat. Plus, it was SO noisy, you could barely talk to the person next to you let alone anyone else.

We also did some posing yesterday, about 6 of us got up there and went through our paces. I had some nice compliments too, which was lovely to hear – my hard work must be paying off! Lisa said she could see a big difference in me within a week (the last time she saw me in Mildura).

Richie has changed my diet and cardio a bit.

Kimmy won the week at Camp Eden! Was she ecstatic about that!!

I'm back now, feeling OUT OF IT - lying here on couch in jammies. My head is all spacey and my eyes just want to close. I'm coughing all the time. :( At least it held off for Phat Camp.

5 Comments:

  • It seems so weird to see you in a winter coat!! I just don't associate cold weather with Australia!

    It sounds like everyone had a fabulous time!!!

    And it looks like you guys are quite "spent" - although no one ever wants to hear that:)

    Get better soon!!

    XOXOXO

    By Blogger Michelle, at 12:56 am  

  • Alison is feeling like she is getting a cold now too. I feel fine.........and really, really pumped.

    By Blogger Kerry, at 2:04 pm  

  • Sue, it was great to meet you!! :)
    you are a beautiful person. I had a wonderful time with all of you.

    Hope your feeling on top of the world real soon,..me too for that matter :)

    Ali xx

    By Blogger Ali, at 3:17 pm  

  • Sue sounds like you all had a blast. I think I'm going to have to make the effort next year and get my butt to Phat Camp! Great pics too!

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:55 pm  

  • Michelle - yes I know, it looks like I was dressed for the snow! I was trying to keep my cold at bay :)

    Kerry - my arm bruise is still there - how is your nail :)

    Ali! Thank you so much! It was just great to meet you and I hope it wasn't me who gave you the cold :(

    Hils - YES do it!! Maybe I will come to a QLD one next year :) I got the NEW YOU mag today, you star you :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home