2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Doing it tough!

Well, it's a challenge at the moment, that is for sure. This is the time that it would be easy to say "I've had enough", it's all 'too hard'. But no, that would be the easy way out! The last couple of days have been really difficult - I've been experiencing exhaustion, very low blood pressure (I'm assuming, due to extreme diziness on standing), unbelievable cravings for salt (I'm very glad it's not sugar!), my head is all spaced out and all I feel like doing is sleeping (or eating). I am so hungry I could eat a horse. Eating to plan is taking all my energy, focus and determination.

I always give my food a good dose of salt, yet these last 2 days even that is not enough. I ate 10 anchovies yesterday, and immediately it made me feel better.

I could barely get my heart rate above 100-105 while powerwalking, even though I was pushing it. This was SO frustrating. It's like my body is shutting down and trying to conserve whatever is left. And doing everything in it's power to make me eat off plan so it doesn't have to drop any more fat! I haven't been perfect that is for sure, but I haven't eaten any junk food, just a little more food than I should have. And the salt - that caused a 3lb rise on the scale so I canceled my skin folds as they wouldn't be a true indication, will have them done next week. Photos in a few days for Richie.

I canceled my training yesterday afternoon and decided to do it today instead. I woke today still feeling 'spaced out' and out of it. I went back to bed at 8am and slept soundly, until 10.45am. I did manage to get to the gym and train chest/tris/calves at lunchtime - but I did not make it back for cardio this evening. I am giving in another day, which means I will have 4 days in a row of training 2 x day now, to catch up. I did manage to get a couple of hours of work in this afternoon though which has taken a bit of pressure off.

It's funny, I've been feeling great, and this came on very suddenly. It's exactly what was happening to me very regularly, last year. It has only happened twice now, since September last year, since I started my thyroid medication.

I will just battle on, and hope that tomorrow I am back to normal. If history is anything to go by, then it usually takes about 3 days.

Thank you so much Mandy, Kerry, Lauren, Amyand Selina!!! Was lovely to receive your messages when I was feeling a little bit down. Truly appreciated.

5 Comments:

  • Hi Sue - sorry to hear that you're having a bad time of it. Hopefully your body sorts itself out and you are back to your old self in no time!

    You are such an inspiration to stay so focussed and determined when you are feeling exhausted!

    Hilary xx

    By Blogger Miss Positive, at 8:30 pm  

  • Hi Sue, hope you feel better, I have the same thing with dizziness everyday when I exercise due to low blood pressure, after 40 mins on a tready I have to sit down for awhile until I stop spinning so I definately know how you feel, it's the same with leg and back training too, it is extremely frusterating, silly doctors can't tell me what causes it. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you when you HAVE to be doing the amount of cardio etc that you are doing. I hope you come good because we all desperately want to see you be able to perform your best come comp!

    Glad to see your having clients re-signing but people always come back for more when they receive exceptional service and results!!!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 4:47 pm  

  • Hi Suzie
    Boy have I had a busy week. Hope you are feeling well soon. I have had one of those weeks too, no energy, holding heaps of fluid, not enough sleep and panicking about everything. Anyway will catch up soon. Wondering if my body will come in fast enough etc etc.

    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 9:44 pm  

  • Hilary - thank you so much, will write soon, yes it has been a while! I bet you can't wait to get back to the QLD weather!

    JL - the salt doesn't bother me, I can easily give that up for 3 days before comp :) I'm just glad it's not sugar cravings :) Yes I did hear they were having a regional show, so I take it, you will be there???!! You are doing states too? What date are they?

    Lauren - thanks for checking in on me :)

    Jodi - wow, I can't imagine going through that all the time - do you have any salt cravings? Nice to see you here :)

    Kimmy - hang in there, that is all I keep telling myself when it's tough, because from experience, I KNOW it does get better. Just got to ride these ones out. It's normal to 'panic' and think you won't 'make it'. And your opinion will probably change daily - if not hourly, huh Sam? :)

    By Blogger Sue Heintze, at 8:33 am  

  • I can't imagine the will-power and discipline it must take to stick to your plan and training regime in the midst of feeling like crap! It is obviously what makes competitors stand head and shoulders above the rest of us!
    Hope you feel better soon! And good luck with your last few weeks prep!

    By Blogger Chontelle, at 12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home