2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday evening roundup

Had a nice short (compared to leg day!) back/shoulder session at 9am with Jode. I am enjoying going back to heavier, shorter sets for shoulders. I feel as though I have lost a little bit of strength in the last 2 sessions I have done - chest and back/shoulders. It could be because I have run out of my GAKIC supplement. I now wish I had some more so I could do a 'test'! Decided it's too expensive to continue with. I hadn't really been able to detect any positives from using it, BUT, it's interesting to note that right when I ran out, my strength has decreased (only slightly) and I fatigue more quickly. I ran through my routine a few times with my ipod on, and the fantastic ear plugs that Michelle sent me!!! They work a treat, I can do it anywhere now, no need for a cd player :)

Went back for cardio this afternoon, had a great session.

I get skin folds done again this week - boy that comes around quickly. I don't feel they have dropped much. Will see I guess!

I am waiting for an ebay auction to finish - I want to bid on a coffee machine! I am loving ebay - I bought all my skin care on it over the last few days - 3 items from Israel! Some MD Formulations, some tanning accelerator and some Angel perfume for my mum for Christmas - all from US :) It's the earliest Christmas present I have ever bought. It will probably get lost in the move!!!

So, tomorrow being Monday, is biceps and cardio first up, then Jode and I will do legs in the evening. Tomorrow is my biggest training day. I get to have a Myoplex, yippee :) I will also go to 'the office' and do some work out there (Gloria Jeans) :)

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. Time for my grilled sweet potato :)

I 'stole' this from Kerry's blog, as I think it's a fantastic piece and so very very true:

Now is the time

Whatever happened on the previous attempt doesn't matter anymore. What matters is what you do now.

Though you may have failed once, or numerous times, or a thousand times, that has no bearing on what you're able to do now. In fact, each failed attempt brings you closer to success.

By discovering what does not work, you have more information to help you know what does work. The more you have invested in the goal, the more motivated you are to make it succeed.

Effort is never wasted, even when it leads to disappointing results. For it always makes you stronger, more capable and more experienced.


Now is the time to make use of all that strength and experience. Now is the time to push forward with more commitment and effectiveness than ever before.

Take great satisfaction in where you have been and in how far you have come. Now is your opportunity to make it into real and lasting success.

-- Ralph Marston

1 Comments:

  • My experience with GAKIC was exactly the same! I didn't really feel any different when I was taking it - but looking back I was making huge gains in strength and felt like I could train forever!

    Now, I'm just "normal", *sigh*, with more $$ in my pocket:)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home