2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wow, it's a whirlwind!

Anyone out there? :) I'm not sure if anyone still reads since I have been taking so long between posts!

As always there is a lot happening. Training up a temp - it's a slow process but hopefully in the end it will be worthwhile.

We've been pretty social of late - after returning from our weekend of wining and dining we then had dinner out with big bad Adam who is back from Darwin, on Thursday night, and a dinner party for some friends on the Friday night. Thankfully my darling husband did all the cooking and cleaning so I could catch up on my work! We had scotch fillet with blue cheese sauce. Very impressed! It was great to catch up with Adam who I think is looking bigger than ever these days! We have trained a couple of times so it's been good to have a spot.

Also had lunch at mum's on Sunday so have managed to catch up with a few friends and family this week. Can often get caught up in business and work so it really was good to do that.

Diet:

Me being me and not content with just cruising along and getting bored, I have decided to experiment a little with my diet. I'm taking a complete about turn and have switched to a high fat, moderate protein, low carb regime. Low carbing for long periods is not healthy nor good for muscle growth so it involves a refeed day of high carbs. I'm justing finishing up the 'induction' phase in the next couple of days - 12 days of low carbs in a row. Today I feel fantastic - for awhile there I've been a bit spacey and quite weary in the evenings. They say that until you make the 'switch' from sugar burner to fat burner, that you will feel this way. I have been enjoying salmon caesar salads with avocado and cheese (no croutons!), peanut butter, cream on my diet jelly, whole eggs with cheese, nuts, roast chicken and skin - this is very different and makes a very nice change! It's very easy to overconsume fats if you are not careful so I have to be very diligent with my numbers. Calories during induction are reasonably high so you don't miss your carbs. I've already lost about .5% body fat and I'm eating A LOT. I'll be trialling it for at least 6 weeks - if I feel it's worthwhile I may look at using the principles for some of my advanced clients.

Training:

Training is designed around the diet - I deplete for 2 workouts and then lift heavy and hard, then carb up for 36 hours. I haven't done a carb up yet but wil do so starting Friday after my heavy workout. I did the workout last week and boy did it hurt! Long workout, and heavy. Happy with how my chin ups are going of late. Adam spotted me for unassisted chins and was about to get between 4 & 6 on my own (plus a few assisted) for 4 sets. Squats 4 sets of 60kg.

Cardio is just 3-4 x week. Who wants to do more than that when you don't have to. When depleted it's quite tough.

Business:

We are in the process of changing the business over to a Company which will be quite a bit of work come end of the month. All good though! The tax saving will be most welcome!

I'm excited to be writing for Oxygen magazine now - this will be excellent as they are much more my style of mag. My first article is a two part article titled "Is Diet Your Downfall?". It won't be out until Dec/Jan though! Current Oxygen mag I am waiting for - 5 clients and we are doing a special promo - if you purchase anything from the Additional Products range you will receive a free copy of Oxygen #25 (the latest one).

The Client Forum is going off these days which is just fantastic. A great group of regular poster's as well as all my new clients getting involved. It really keeps everyone motivated and the girls (and guys!) just love it.

I will have my new IBO singlets ready this week - they came up really well - great style of singlet - cross back and quite flattering. Pale pink, and pale blue.

Team IBO is growing! Kristin Gleeson the September Body Blitz winner is now part of the IBO Team! Welcome Kristin! You can read about her on our Staff page. We are also welcome back Sharleen Twyman as Program Co-ordinator. Many people are familiar with Shar's recent triumph in the Figure arena but for those that aren't I'll be posting her details on our staff page soon.

5 Comments:

  • Sounds like you cruising along just fine Sue, way to go!!

    By Blogger Tracey, at 1:04 pm  

  • Yup we still read Sue! I can get a little quiet though...

    I am very intrigued at your new experiment - can't wait to read how you are going with it.

    Good luck with the new business moves.

    Lauren

    By Blogger Lozza, at 4:02 pm  

  • You're part of my daily blog routine :)

    By Blogger Claudine, at 1:00 am  

  • Donna Aston has been doing this type of eating plan for many years, with great success - higher fat moderate protein etc. If you havent already, read her books Fat or Fiction and Body Business. Its a great read.

    Jo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 pm  

  • Hi Sue,

    I'm a dedicated reader. Always look forward to hearing what you're up to.

    Keep blogging please :-)

    Cheers Magda

    PS 4 days from my first comp WOOOOHOOOO :-)

    By Blogger Magda, at 12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home