2007 - Pride and Accomplishment

Friday, November 02, 2007

Dinner pic and training

Finally here is a picture when we went out for dinner with Carolyn, Paul, Jodie and Ben.

I had an awesome session at the gym today. Not sure why but I was really strong. All that good (and bad) food I am eating I suppose :) Gotta eat to put on muscle right? I power deadlifted 85kg for 3 reps - a PB. And that was after a set of 10 at 75kg and a set of 6 at 80kg. It's not too bad for a 54kg lightweight I suppose. Especially as I was still quite sore from squatting. I did give myself an extra day recovery but it wasn't enough. Don't think I should squat and deadlift in the same week very often. I don't think I will be able to train hammies tomorrow, too sore. As soon as I got home I called my massage therapist to see if he could fit me in tonight because I am going to have a very very sore lower back. But, alas, couldn't do it, but I will go at 9am tomorrow - will definitely be sore by then. Jode couldn't train tonight, I think she's sick, so I went this morning. I was going to go for a long walk down the river tonight but guess what - it's RAINING!!! Wet stuff, falling out of the sky!!!

Because I have been doing virtually no cardio, I am finding I am able to get a lot of work done!! It's nowhere near as stressful! I've had 11 programs this week and only have one left to write. I think I will do that tomorrow.



Next week of course is Melbourne Cup Day. We have been invited by our good friend David Stevenson, to his company's Neqtar Wines marquee. We were also invited to the Timbercorp marquee so there will be no shortage of beverages for us one would think! Love going to the races. Was way too hot last year so we watched it at the pub instead. I hope it's nice this time. I better do a few of next week's programs to allow for a very lazy (read: hungover) day on Wednesday. And people, it only takes me 3 or 4 glasses of wine to feel a hangover.

Well, I haven't much more to tell really. Things are a little bit boring of late, but that's cool. This will all change very soon :)

4 Comments:

  • Great pic of the girls! I've got a top and dress like yours.....doesn't quite look the same on me though : )

    Di

    By Blogger Dianna Broeren, at 5:21 pm  

  • Finally had a free moment to catch up - and WOW - so much going on over here!!

    But the one thing I noticed - you seem to be in a really "good" place right now. Happy, healthy, strong, and with friends:)

    Let's hope this continues for a very long time:):)

    XX - Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle, at 9:52 pm  

  • Aweome lifting Sue. Serious weight for a little thing like you!

    X:D)
    Doris

    By Blogger Doris's BEHAG journey, at 10:35 pm  

  • Hi Suzie - I just found your email on my laptop -I left it on and my work emails go to it and not my work computer if it is on and I didn't realise. There is no one answer to your question but hope is all ok. I will email soon.

    Kimmy

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 10:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home